Wednesday 9 February 2011

On The South Downs

house_20110122_D_060915

I visit Fin and Family

On my recent trip to the UK I travelled down to Brighton to visit Fin and Family (though Rose was away at University). As usual these days I took the coastal train route. This meant taking the local train from the village into Canterbury (East), then walking across town to Canterbury West and getting the train up the Stour Valley to Ashford. from here you can get a direct train to Brighton that goes down to Hastings and then along to Eastbourne. At Lewes I changed onto a local train that stopped at London Road (Brighton). This is a very scenic route that cuts across the Romney Marshes before following the coast.

house_20110122_D_060916

I had a cracking visit. Making sure I got to a few pubs and had a walk with Fin and the dog Pepper, on the South Downs on Saturday and along the beach at Hove on Sunday.

Garden Diary

Today I screwed the 2nd Raised Bed together and planted some more seeds. That's 12 x Sweet Peas (Bijou), 12 x Aubretia (Cascade) and 12 x Osteospernums (Daisy Mae). I also planted 3 x Lilies which are a Deep Red colour.

As the sun was up I photographed the Crocus and Snowdrops. I had a little bit of a tidy up too; including cutting down last years Sedum seed heads.

No comments:

Post a Comment